1. What is a mark-up language?
Mark-up languages specify code for formatting the layout and style within a text file. HyperText Mark-up Language (HTML) is one of the most well known and widely used.
2. Describe the processes involved for creating a web site using HTML and uploading the site to a web server.
- Create files for your web page
- Connect to the web (create a hosting account if you have not already done so)
- Upload files and the latest versions of all dependent files
- A link is created to your files on the new servers
3. Contrast the differences between creating web site using HTML and using a CMS.
CMS’s are generally designed to be easy to use for individuals who have little to no coding experience. They contain numerous pre-built functions and a user friendly UI. Traditional HTML on the other hand is nothing but code. It provides maximum flexibility but is also far more complex and can be daunting to new users.
4. Describe the options and processes involved for installing Drupal.
5. What is Google Adwords used for?
Google Adwords is a service provided by Google to help organisations advertise their sites/goods/services to particular audiences. The Adwords service only requires organisations to pay when people click on the new ad itself.
6. Describe some of the major security concerns for a Drupal web site.
According to Gábor Hojtsy, a Drupal 6 maintainer, the 10 biggest security risks to Drupal are the following:
- SQL injection
- Cross Site Scripting (XSS)
- Authentications and sessions
- Insecure direct object references
- Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Security misconfiguration
- Insecure crpytographic storage
- Failure to restrict URL access
- Insufficient transport protection
- Unvalidated redirects
These are all issues which, according to Gábor Hojtsy, can be solved using Drupal functions but many people are unaware of them.